mnt_mike: (Default)
Michaelangelo ([personal profile] mnt_mike) wrote in [community profile] milliways_bar2020-10-19 11:10 pm
Entry tags:

(no subject)

He should be doing something. 
Mike knows he should be doing something, but ever since he walked through the door from the Staff Hallway, he can't for the life of him remember what. 
So he's kind of leaning against Bar, brow furrowed, trying really hard to remember what it was he came in here to do.
princeinexile: (Stunned)

[personal profile] princeinexile 2020-10-20 04:45 am (UTC)(link)
"...Mike?"

Don't mind Zuko, he's just going to stand there and blink owlishly at Mike for a minute, like he's just remembering what he looks like (because he did) and hasn't seen him in forever (because he hasn't.)
princeinexile: (Eh-heh)

[personal profile] princeinexile 2020-10-20 12:42 pm (UTC)(link)
"H--hey," the once-Prince says. You, as you do when you're a super cool King now and stuff and are totally chill. Not because you're still socially awkward or anything. "How're things?"
princeinexile: (Adorable)

[personal profile] princeinexile 2020-10-20 01:28 pm (UTC)(link)
Watching the mental gymnastics routine that Mike is currently going through, Zuko leans against the back, one arm up on the bartop and his weight in a comfortable slouch.

Once the worst of the contortions have evened out into a calmer mien on Mike's face, Zuko says, "Yeah I made that same expression when I realized Teja was around still, but couldn't remember if I'd met him before. Or if I knew that the talking cat talked before."
princeinexile: (Casual Evening)

[personal profile] princeinexile 2020-10-20 07:07 pm (UTC)(link)
"Yeah, basically," Zuko agrees, thought he's still happy for a brief and weird anchor in the churning sea of multiversal possibility. "But no. It's just me, Zuko. Regular flavor Zuko, I think."

He thinks.

Maybe there was another one and he doesn't know.

"The one who stayed with Wells a while, that one," Zuko supplies to help.
princeinexile: (WTF)

[personal profile] princeinexile 2020-10-22 04:38 am (UTC)(link)
"Se-- Aa-- kids?"

Well, that was a lot to take in. Obliterated literally everything else they'd discussed, because honestly: Aang having children is so literally out there that he just sort of bluescreened out.
princeinexile: (Excuse Me?)

[personal profile] princeinexile 2020-10-22 05:09 am (UTC)(link)
"I mean," Zuko says, voice dry as sandpaper and about as pleasant, "it might be a match that everybody could agree on that would piss off everyone equally."
princeinexile: (Sly)

[personal profile] princeinexile 2020-10-23 12:15 am (UTC)(link)
"Here? Working in the forge and catching up on sleep," Zuko said with a wry grin. "Home? Working on a lasting peace and dealing with a stepfather and half-sister, while my other sister is trying to assassinate me, with the help of my ex-girlfriend's dad."

He sits at the bar finally, and adds, "That's why I'll take a Smoking Mountain with the pepper-jalapeno vodka, not without."
princeinexile: (Default)

[personal profile] princeinexile 2020-10-23 12:23 am (UTC)(link)
"You're not?" That got Zuko's attention. "I mean, I wouldn't mind -- my sister's been very persistent. Finally got to the point of kidnapping and leveraging stolen children."

There's no coming back for Azula. She's gone so deep down the rabbit hole of her madness that Alice is concerned about Wonderland now.
princeinexile: (Eh-heh)

[personal profile] princeinexile 2020-10-23 01:09 am (UTC)(link)
"...do I want to know what that means?"

Because he doesn't know.
acertainpov: (jedi got this)

[personal profile] acertainpov 2020-10-20 07:34 am (UTC)(link)
Before the door is even half way open, Bar will have a feeling of how beautiful she looks today, how good it is to see her again, and how about some of that Alderaanian pale ale she serves so well?

The man who comes in the door is wearing customised plastoid armour, and a smile that says coming into Milliways is the brigthest spark of an otherwise very dull and uninteresting day.

(The dirt on his armour suggests it hasn't been that uninteresting.)
acertainpov: (jedi smirk)

[personal profile] acertainpov 2020-10-20 01:30 pm (UTC)(link)
In order to make it more fair, Obi-Wan turns that smile on him, and drops a half-bow.

"And a good evening to you, too."
acertainpov: (jedi smug)

[personal profile] acertainpov 2020-10-20 07:06 pm (UTC)(link)
"Well, I was rather hoping for..."

Oh look, Bar already knows. Two glasses of that Alderaanian pale ale previously mentioned.

"...some of that, thank you. You're the barman, I take it?"
acertainpov: (jedi tea)

[personal profile] acertainpov 2020-10-22 08:02 am (UTC)(link)
Exhaustion and fondness - a state that Obi-Wan finds himself in more often than not, and frequently directly related to Anakin.

"I like, it, why don't you joing me?"

This is why there are two glasses after all. He slides one over to Mike. "Unless you're prohibited from drinking on duty."
acertainpov: (jedi smirk)

[personal profile] acertainpov 2020-10-23 08:28 am (UTC)(link)
Obi-Wan lifts an eyebrow, but not at Mike. She could have at least hinted.

Smooth as anything he takes both glasses to himself.

"In which case, yes, it's very good. I think they do a version with the alcohol removed, but I never saw the point myself."
undead_radish_seller: (Default)

[personal profile] undead_radish_seller 2020-10-20 09:24 am (UTC)(link)
"Is there a problem, and do you need help?"

That's from a newcomer, shy and very pale, in very black robes, his long, very black hair very neat, but with odd black markings running up his neck from underneath his robe.

"I will help you if I can!"
undead_radish_seller: (Lively zombie)

[personal profile] undead_radish_seller 2020-10-20 01:33 pm (UTC)(link)
"No, sorry!!" the pale new person says, flustered. Who knows, uninvited mind-reading might be a thing here?

"You're just making a very thinky face, and not a happy one. May I help you, please?"
undead_radish_seller: (Awkward zombie)

[personal profile] undead_radish_seller 2020-10-22 05:01 am (UTC)(link)
"Can I help nevertheless?" the pale young man perseveres.
magic_by_accident: (Default)

[personal profile] magic_by_accident 2020-10-21 01:19 am (UTC)(link)
John notices the confused-looking bloke and says, "Crossed a threshold and forgot why, eh? Happens to the best of us. Sometimes going back helps."
magic_by_accident: (Default)

[personal profile] magic_by_accident 2020-10-22 11:38 pm (UTC)(link)
John shrugs. "Among people who believe in folk magic, it is. Thresholds can be dangerous places, depending on what you believe."
magic_by_accident: (Default)

[personal profile] magic_by_accident 2020-10-23 01:06 am (UTC)(link)
John chuckles wryly. "I'd like to meet some ideas and see what they have to say, in that's how it works."